Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week 25: Beauty and the Beast

We had a house full of sick people this last week. My husband and both of my kiddos had strep throat, along with head colds. Thankfully I have been able to stay pretty healthy and just have a minor head cold, but it was a busy week taking care of everyone. I was able to get one or two good nights of stitching in though, so I do have some progress to report this week. I filled in the area down by the flowers and added more on the ledge. And, a new character has appeared!


Cogsworth thought that it was time for him to show his face this week. :) I am pretty happy with how he turned out, and I am excited for when I can back stitch him. You can also just see the base of Lumiere starting to take form. There are soooo many partial stitches with the characters and details in this piece. It takes a long time. I think that the next one of these that I do, I will do on an evenweave fabric instead of the aida, even though it already comes with the aida. I think it will be much more manageable. 
Here is an overall shot:


It seems like it is such slow going with two kids - I am constantly having to start and stop to address one thing or another with them, but such is life, and progress is progress. I am so excited by how far I have made it on this, and I know that I will finish it. Especially when I can see how little I have left, it's very encouraging to me. :) 


1 comment:

  1. Geez, this is amazing. I'm blown away every time I see it :)

    ReplyDelete