Sunday, January 5, 2014

Week 24 Beauty and the Beast (A Year and a Half Later...)

I am not completely sure what happened to make me suddenly just STOP stitching, but it may have had something to do with my little girl being 18 months old at the time, and I figured out why I was so COMPLETELY useless then: I was in the first trimester of pregnancy with my son, who will turn 1 in just a couple of weeks. Eeek! That means that I haven't stitched in FOREVER, but I recently got motivation to pick it back up again. See, I didn't realize they had come out with a Sleeping Beauty and a Little Mermaid Thomas Kinkade cross stitch, and I saw them and they are both beautiful. And I want them. And I already have Snow White to do after Beauty and the Beast, so I figured I couldn't really buy one until I finished the one I already had started, otherwise my husband would roll his eyes and think I'm crazy. Oh wait, he does that anyway... But good news, I got the Little Mermaid one for Christmas! It's soooo purty :) That means that I can ask for Sleeping Beauty for my birthday, or just buy it after I finish Beauty and the Beast. At that point I think I am pretty much set for life... :)

Anyway, my sister and I also decided that since I (obviously) didn't get this done in time for the fair in 2012, I should get it done for the fair this year. I think that is very manageable as long as I don't lose my stitchy bug before then, even with 2 kiddos running around :)

So technically, this is the 24th week I have stitched on this, even though it has taken over 2 years... And I am pretty sure that I have put more hours into stitching this than Thomas Kinkade put into painting the original. :) Here is the progress I made this last week:


I got frustrated with Belle and her sparkly dress, so I decided to do other work down in the corner instead, to get back into it. I was able to reach the bottom right corner, which means all 4 corners have been reached. I had forgotten how much I really enjoy doing this. Maybe this time my stitchy bug won't leave me, since I won't be getting pregnant anymore. Two kids is good for this family. Here is a close up of what I did this week:


Well, glad to be back in it. Hopefully this one will go quickly now and be finished soon. I don't think I've seen another finished one, other than the picture that comes on the cross stitch. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how happy I was to see your post in my inbox! I had about given up hope of you ever updating again, and you were the closest to finished I have ever seen. You are the inspiration that keeps us lazy stitchers going. Mine is nothing but sky. You're doing a fantastic job and don't worry about Belle - leave her till last and you'll be so keen to finish you will zoom straight through her without even noticing the horrible threads.

    ReplyDelete