Thursday, January 23, 2014

More Projects On My Mind...

I love working on Beauty and the Beast. However, I think that I will need a little bit of a break every now and then to the complexity of the pattern. My sister showed me this super cute stitch along that a lot of people are doing, for a piece called Once Upon A Time by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. They are releasing a new square each month, and by the end of the year you have an entire sampler. Very cute idea :) I did find though, after much consideration, that the primitive style of cross stitch that this sampler is in, isn't really my 'thing'. But I loved the idea of something that I can work on throughout the year, just a bit at a time to give me a break from Beauty and the Beast those days that I get frustrated or overwhelmed. Here are two ideas I have for it (and I just may end up doing both ideas... lol):

I love drawn thread embroidery. I am finding though that there isn't much going on in that direction, or with whitework unless you look at European blogs. But I did find these two books: White Work: Techniques and 188 Designs, and Beginner's Guide to Drawn Thread Embroidery. The drawn thread book actually has a few samplers in it, and I figured I could maybe do one band per month, and then maybe add to the design from the White Work book if I want to. I ordered the books yesterday from Amazon and they should be here tomorrow (Happy dance!).

Of course, since I ordered the books yesterday, today I found out (through needlenthread.com) that there is a blackwork sampler that will be released month-by-month this year - for Free! It's called The Save the Stitches Sampler. I also love blackwork, with how intricate it looks but not really being all THAT difficult because the patterns are repeats. I have been looking through what she has posted so far, and I REALLY want to do this. Probably not all in black, or even with the metallic accents she has. I might do this one in blues because I LOVE blues - probably mostly a nice, deep blue, with possibly some lighter blues or periwinkles or purples thrown in. Anyway, click the links to see pictures of some of the projects, and anyone is welcome to join me on the monthly projects if they want :)

Beauty and the Beast update will be on Sunday, but bear with me. This week we have been going to bed early to try and get me healthy again (since I am sick this week) and my son's birthday is tomorrow, with his party on Saturday. Things have been busy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment