Sunday, April 15, 2012

Week 16 Beauty and the Beast

16 weeks. Wow that seems like a long time, and yet I most likely have at least that much more to go, probably more. I gotta say, if you are looking at fun value per dollar, cross stitch is the best value! Lol these kits cost about $42 before a coupon (which come on, Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's always have coupons), and this is providing entertainment for hundreds of hours. Add to that the fact that this was a Christmas gift so I didn't even have to pay for it at all, and it's a way better value than going out to a movie! Lol now I just have to not buy more stuff until the stuff I have is done... Hmmm... :)
Here are my pictures for this week, I got the gate and the bridge stitched, and the other side of the river. :)


4 comments:

  1. This is looking great! I can't wait until I get this far along on mine. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for these pictures. I've been desperately looking for pics of the actual cross stitch rather than the painting that is all that our Australian suppliers seen to have. I didnt want to buy this kit then be disappointed with the level of detail in the final result, especially when it cost nearly $70 with postage here. Thanks entirely to you, this kit is now in the mail, and i CANT WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited that you will be able to do this kit. It is really wonderful, and I feel that it looks even prettier in real life than it does in the pictures, especially the picture of the sample. (Don't get me wrong, that is beautiful, but in real life it is just *wow*) :) Let me know if you decide to blog or post progress, I'd love to follow!

      Delete