Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week 13 Beauty and the Beast

I was able to do a lot of stitching this week! We had a lazy day this week where we just hung out at home and didn't do much of anything. I stitched, my husband played some Zelda, and we both watched as Sarah toddled all over and played. She has just really figured out the 'being mobile' thing and is quite content just walking around, picking stuff up, and moving it all over the house. So cute :) Then we had one or two nights that we didn't go out anywhere, so after Sarah was asleep it was stitching time for mommy!
I am still working down the left side. It's a little weird, I know, but I am kind of going where the colors go. Does that make sense? Not sure... Anyway, this week I was able to get the path that leads to the village, the Rose base-stitched (again, I am saving all of the back stitch for the end),  and most of the table that the Rose sits on. The table is lots of finicky partial stitches, but I really like the overall look - kind of knotted, twisted wood. Here's a picture!

I'm so happy with the progress on this so far! Oh, and a couple of little things I have decided - I will probably add some of the sparkly thread to the rose and the rose case. Also, I am thinking of doing a boullion rose (sp?) for the rose instead of just backstitching. Here is a link to the video on how to make them. I will have to make it super small so it fits right, but I think it will add something really neat. :)

Also, I am posting this from my in-laws' house, so I was able to take a picture of Count the Stars. Not much to report, but you can see what I've done so far. 

Yay special! :) Lol ok well, until next week. Or sooner if I think of anything else to post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment