Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Snow White Makes Her Debut

I have been working a little on Snow White, I promise. It is just really slow going during the summer. I am proud though that I have been working on it at all, and I am happy that my stitchy bug is just on his off season and not dead. :) Anyway, here I was last time:


And here I am now:


I'm sorry the 2nd picture is so, so blurry. The point-and-shoot camera I usually use is officially not working any more so I had to do it with another camera I have that does not have a flash or the 'no shaky' feature. It's a great camera for outside and underwater (since it's waterproof), and it takes good video, but the indoors photo-taking is not so good. It also doesn't have a macro setting, which is what I always used with the other camera.

Anyway, as you can I see I started on the rocks by the waterfall and did Snow White's hair and her cape. I actually took this photo a few days ago and have done just a little on her skirt now, too, so I think I will go ahead and finish her up before I move on. It's weird because I left the characters until almost the very end on Beauty and the Beast, and now on this one Snow will be done really early on! There are lots of other elements that I am excited for though, so it's all good. 

In other areas of my life, I have been working out for several months now and not seeing the results I wanted to so that's been frustrating. I could tell I was getting stronger, but I weigh as much now as I did 2 weeks after having my son, which means I have actually gained weight in the last few months. Frustrating. So I decided to work harder. This week I have added jump rope to all of my workouts, and it is HARD! I am getting better at not messing up but in a way that makes it harder because I don't get as many mini-breaks while I re-set the rope lol. It's nice though because I can do this inside. I used to 'run' but I HATED running when it was really hot or really cold out, so I never kept with it for very long. And this way I get to do intervals of jump rope mixed with strength training and what-have-you. I am excited, hopefully in the next 6-10 weeks I will be seeing more of what I want to see. 

Also, I am going to go to my first ever Anime Convention in a few weeks! I have some friends that are going and I said, what the heck, let's do this! So I am going to go as Katara, she's the Water Bender from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I have to start figuring out my costume, so I have been looking at pictures all morning to get an idea of what I need. Nerdy-excited about it! 

Alright, that's enough for today. Keep on stitching, I have to keep reminding myself that every stitch counts! :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching, you have made great progress and it looks wonderful. I have heard that muscle is heavier than fat so as you lose one and build the other weight can stay the same or go up. Not sure how accurate that is but might be somwthing to look into. Well done on the fitness program though. Would love to see your Katara cosplay when it's done. The Animated series of Avatar: the last airbender is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found myself staring - in awe - at your completed Beauty and the Beast. I am still plugging away at mine. Seeing this gives me renewed hope that someday I'll finish it. All of your stitching is beautiful. Keep it up!!

    craftymakings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jen !
    It would be possible to send me the coat of arms graphic of the Hogwarts houses of HP ? I have a dear friend very passionate saga and would like to present him .
    Already thank you for your kindness !
    Hugs from Brazil.
    Kind Regards.
    Priscylla Gomes
    @praycegomes

    ReplyDelete