Thursday, July 10, 2014

Life Happens!

So, my stitchy bug is not gone, he has just made room for a few other things in my life right now. Let's see, since my last update, my son also had chicken pox (way worse than his sister's), I played at a wedding, we had the 4th of July, and my hubby has not had as much side work as he did for a while there. He doesn't like to be at home for long periods of time (usually about 12-18 hours is enough for him), so he always wants to be out doing things. It means I don't quite get the time to just be home and stitch as much as I was. My 10 year high school reunion is also in just a few weeks, so I have been trying to lose a little bit of weight. Not much, just a little. I think it's going well, not sure what the scale says but I feel like I look better and I know I am stronger, so it's all good.

Anyway, last time I updated here was Snow White:

And here it is now:


I have reached the bottom of the piece! I know it's kind of a silly way to work across it, but I don't really mind going between pattern pages and this is the way it fits on my scroll frame. You can see the deer and just to the right of the deer is where Snow White will make her appearance. Lots of green and brown in my future, as the path is next to be stitched on the bottom. I know I have slowed way down, but I am still making progress, right? 

4 comments:

  1. I can definitely see progress. Still looking great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely making progress. This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always work left to right it just seams better your completed work is always away from you hand and arm so you can't snag it. Love the colours in this huge project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Progress is progress. Every little bit helps. I usually make only small amounts of progress at a time, so I know how it goes!
    This is coming along quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete